Who We Are
Transnomis is a Canadian technology company, that has been operating since 2007.
The company specializes in road information management and communications – for agencies with information, and agencies that need it.
Our founder, CEO and CTO studied computer science, electrical engineering, and civil engineering, before making intelligent transportation systems (ITS) his post graduate thesis subject. He has developed and managed ITS systems for Canada’s largest city.
Our Director of Marketing laid the groundwork for Canada’s national public alerting system. He also led the development and management of provincial and national situational awareness systems. As a student, he worked for a provincial highway traffic division.
What We Do
We develop, host, deploy, and support road information management and communications solutions – for agencies with road information, and agencies that need road information.
Initially, our focus was custom ITS solutions. The outcomes of our work include the following:
- Region of York – Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS)
- Metrolinx (Toronto) – Smart Work Zone
- Ministry of Transportation – Visibility Warning System
- Region of Durham – Road Event Management System (REMS)
- Region of Waterloo – Road Construction Incident Management System (RCIMS) and paperless permit system
In 2017 we introduced ITS web services for municipalities of all sizes. We took a regional approach, and today, you will find our Municipal511 and Responder511 services in counties and regions, and their townships, towns, and cities.
In 2018 we added to our ITS web service offerings. We now have four ITS starting points, with numerous add-on and integration options. They are as follows:
- Municipal511 for municipal public works
- Responder511 for emergency responders and managers
- ITS Central for traffic departments
- VMS Central for traffic departments, construction and equipment companies, and work zone managers
How to Reach Us
Click here to reach us via our contact form.