Transnomis Responder511 is changing the way situational information is communicated.
Responder511 is a common operating picture like no other. It focuses on mapping road obstructions for emergency responders.
Why is this so important? We do more of what we do every day during major incidents. If we replace email, fax, and voice communicated road information used in every response call, we solve the major communications problem with road information, and by extension we solve the major communications problem during major incidents.
Responder511 is a regional, all-stakeholder, common operating picture. It features aggregated map layers for road obstructions, emergency access points, persistent hazards, resource locations, permitted burning, and other situational information. Push notification includes a map of the location, and links to the common
Agencies can personalize the service by adding custom private map layers. Most clients acquire their road information from Transnomis Municipal511, with the support of their public works departments.
- Time saved communicating and mapping road issue and event information.
- Reduced road work and event scheduling conflicts, within and across jurisdictions.
- Stakeholder (including public) satisfaction viewing information from all levels of government in one place, and a popular consumer navigation app.
There are numerous options to scale the Municipal511 service. They include the following:
- Responder511, a road information service for emergency responders and managers, that includes common operating picture features for use every call, every day, every incident and planned event.
- Private mapped data layer, that can be shared selectively.
- Fax, SMS, and Twitter push notification options.
- Integration with Waze, GIS, dispatch, AVL, …
- Remote variable message sign control.
- Paperless online permit system.
- Asset monitoring and visualization.
Road issues are presented on the map with an icon that reflects the roadwork, incident, condition, etc. type. Clients are encouraged to add additional attributes to their road issues, which are presented as secondary icons. E.g. “Road Closed – No Emergency Access” will display a red road closure sub-icon.
Road issues posted for the future include a sub-icon that indicates it is in the future. The public map at www.Municipal511.ca presents future issues for the 7 days in advance of the start time. Within the client application, future issues can be turned on and off. The latest issues can be highlighted.
Road issues can be posted with multiple road segments. Detour routes may be added to an issue, and will be displayed with a detour icon. Unmaintained winter roads, and spring load restrictions, can be posted for multiple roads as one issue, months in advance.
Road segments display as lines, and Municipal511 features a follow the road mapping feature. Simply click at the start and end of a road segment, and the line will be created along the road. Additionally, Municipal511 will automatically describe the location or segment. E.g. “White Lake Road 22m Northeast of Green Meadow Road”. Polyline and polygons are also supported.
Municipal511 is priced to municipalities by population. If a county or regional government purchases Municipal511, the lower-tier and single tiers serving the same population may use the service without additional fee. This unique pricing model aligns with Transnomis mission to map all road obstructions for emergency responders, and for municipal public works who also need to know what is going on in and around their municipality.
- For mapping, managing and communicating road issues; including roadwork, incidents, events, conditions, restrictions and cautions.
- Hosted web service that works in all modern internet enabled devices, without installing, managing or maintaining software.
- Issues posted for public viewing are presented at Municipal511.ca , which can be embedded in client’s website.
- Public content can also be provided to Waze, and other navigation services.
- Email notification to distribution lists; with fax, SMS and Twitter options.
- Add-on options include Responder511, paperless permits, remote variable message sign control, and private map layers.
- Priced per population, and when purchased by upper tier, lower and single tier municipalities serving the same population are eligible for service as well.
For more information, email info@Transnomis.com